We care about the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers and employees. We want to be the best employer of all retail chains. If you are interested not only in a job but looking for an interesting career, Tesco is looking for you.
PAYROLL ADMIN MANAGER (based in BUDAPEST)
ABOUT WORK IN TESCO BUSINESS SERVICES:
In 2019 Tesco set up a brand new Business Services Center in Budapest for Central Europe, cooperating with the Hungarian, Czech and Slovakian teams on a daily basis to offer the best service to our customers.
Our goal is to create a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardizing processes and delivering cost savings.
From Budapest and across our satellite teams in Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia we deliver Payroll and People Administration Services to Central Europe for nearly 60.000 Tesco colleagues. Our teams work with digital tools and modern equipment to ensure paperless operations and great colleague experience. Our truly international and dynamic team works closely together with offices, stores and distribution centers in the CE countries.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a Payroll Admin Manager you would be a fundamental part of the People Operations function within Tesco Business Services. Would aim at delivering world class operations for over 65K colleagues working across Tesco Stores, Office and Distribution centers in Central Europe.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business the following provides an overview of your future responsibilities and measures:
- Manage and supervise direct reports within the Payroll admin team, assist with managing workflow, reconciliation and controls to meet the Business and Internal SLAs.
- Ensure processes are defined and executed in line with the legislative guidelines and company policies. Also, ensure the controls are reviewed on a regular basis and practice measures are implemented to improve delivery and avoid payroll leakage.
- Review and sign off certain critical activities within the Payroll admin team like Payroll closure files
- Be the second level of escalation for any Technology or processing related issues.
- Manage and lead projects and initiatives based on business requirements.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to ensure internal hand-offs, ways of working constantly improve.
- Review the change requirements and UAT performed by the teams and provide sign-off on the results for further implementation.
- Drive engagement with key stakeholders, process owners and people teams across representative business units. Report performance metrics of the team on a regular basis and identify opportunities to improve.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and business presentations for supporting senior management.
- Highlight risks and issues to business in a timeline manner. Also, define mitigation plans in order to manage the same.
- Be audit ready and close any pending items highlighted by the Audit team.
- Plan staffing requirements including hiring, resource allocation and induction.
- Conduct performance management conversations for team members including data driven conversations with individuals, performance feedback, developmental feedback, performance rating discussion. Also, create succession planning and career path for team members, reward and recognize the effort and results in a timely manner.
- Mentor and coach team members in order to develop them to taken on bigger roles, better opportunities and deliver efficiently.
- Ensure appropriate learning and development initiatives are in place.
- Handle any staff related queries / grievances in consultation with the HR business partners.
YOU WILL BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE:
- University degree
- English and Czech knowledge at advanced level
- Qualified payroll clerk education
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a Payroll environment and some experience as a People Manager
- effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- experience in Stakeholder management
- Analysis, decision making and critical thinking
- MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) knowledge
- logical reasoning and problem solving approach
- the experience of balancing priorities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment to meet tight deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Supporting your relocation to Hungary
- Financial support: one-time payment with your first salary
- a relocation agency to help you to apply for the necessary Social Security Number
- an exclusive relocation guide with over 30 pages of useful material
- 10% shopping discount at Tesco stores
- Modern office with great location
- Flexible working policy
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://tesco-bst.com/jobdetails/czech-speaker-payroll-admin-manager/261/
Information about the vacancy
Vršovická 1527/68b, 100 00 Praha-Vršovice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, individual schedules of working hours
Czech (advanced), English (advanced)
Tesco Stores ČR a. s.
ContactTesco Stores ČR a. s.