We care about the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers and employees. We want to be the best employer of all retail chains. If you are interested not only in a job but looking for an interesting career, Tesco is looking for you.
TECHNICAL PROGRAMME MANAGER
ABOUT TESCO GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY TEAM:
The Global Infrastructure Team design, develop and operate the Technology Infrastructure which underpins Tesco’s ability to serve customers and support colleagues. Our responsibilities span technologies across data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres and the global network which connects them. The global team is distributed across the UK, Central Europe, India and Asia.
This is a key role which will involve engagement with engineering teams based in the UK, Central Europe and India as well as a range of stakeholders across UK and Central Europe. You will be responsible for delivering the Infrastructure required to support our key technology delivery.
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering teams for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills
- Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and adaptability to changes
- Advanced spoken and written English
YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US BECAUSE WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- FLEXIBILITY – We know how important work life balance is. We respect the needs of our colleagues and offer them flexible start and finish at work and home offices.
- CAREER AND PERSONAL GROWTH – For us this is not just an empty phrase. We support our colleagues in their career and personal growth, since we are an international company with many opportunities.
- COLLECTIVE – Relationships among colleagues are important to us, thus we support and organise team spirit activities, including sport, teambuilding and other social events for our employees.
- CAFETERIA - With this benefit system you can choose from a broad range of benefits how you would like to spend your credit in your free time. Based on your preferences you can choose from sports, relaxation, beauty-based and educational options!
- OTHER BENEFITS - Laptop, mobile phone, meal vouchers, Multisport card, Tesco shopping discounts, Being.Well programme activities (fruit and healthy snacks, competitions etc.)
Join our team and help us with building one of the biggest brands in the retail industry!
Let us know you are interested by pushing the ANSWER button!
Information about the vacancy
Vršovická 1527/68b, 100 00 Praha-Vršovice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, individual schedules of working hours
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Tesco Stores ČR a. s.
ContactTesco Stores ČR a. s.