We care about the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers and employees. We want to be the best employer of all retail chains. If you are interested not only in a job but looking for an interesting career, Tesco is looking for you.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - LOADBALANCING
ABOUT THE TESCO TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE TEAM:
The Infrastructure Engineering team design, develop, implement and operate all infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
As part of wider Infrastructure Team, Networks and Security Team design, develop, implement and operate all Network and Security infrastructure technologies that facilitate the both Infrastructure and the rest of Tesco Technology.
- Design and deliver network solutions using existing network infrastructure
- Where new Network technologies are being introduced, implement them and establish best practice for their adoption
- Incident management
- Contribute to the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for Networks Infrastructure Service in order to best deliver requirements of Tesco Technology and thus the business
- Evaluate new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact
- Driving innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement
- Lead group design discussions on your area of expertise, able to present with authority to a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with other infrastructure and application teams, to create appropriate infrastructure solutions
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco
- Ensure that Network solutions where possible take advantage of modern automation technologies
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
- Analytical and structured approach to design, process and advanced troubleshooting
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
- Great communication skills, able to present designs, strategies and concepts clearly
- Practical experience of load balancing platforms and technologies
- Private and Public Hybrid Cloud support
- SDN/automation technologies/configuration tools
- Network Management technologies and Alerting Tools
- HTTP/HTTPS, redirects, response codes, headers
- Current encryption/cipher standards
- Cloud security technologies knowledge
- Splunk product knowledge for troubleshooting Zscaler
- Experience with DNS technologies
- Experience with Firewall technologies
- Packet capture and debugging tools
- Familiarity with VMware NSX and wider VMware software stack
YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US BECAUSE WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- FLEXIBILITY – We know how important work life balance is. We respect the needs of our colleagues and offer them flexible start and finish at work and home offices.
- CAREER AND PERSONAL GROWTH – For us this is not just an empty phrase. We support our colleagues in their career and personal growth, since we are an international company with many opportunities.
- COLLECTIVE – Relationships among colleagues are important to us, thus we support and organise team spirit activities, including sport, teambuilding and other social events for our employees.
- CAFETERIA - With this benefit system you can choose from a broad range of benefits how you would like to spend your credit in your free time. Based on your preferences you can choose from sports, relaxation, beauty-based and educational options!
- OTHER BENEFITS - Laptop, mobile phone, meal vouchers, Multisport card, Tesco shopping discounts, Being.Well programme activities (fruit and healthy snacks, competitions etc.)
Join our team and help us with building one of the biggest brands in the retail industry!
Let us know you are interested by pushing the ANSWER button!
Information about the vacancy
Vršovická 1527/68b, 100 00 Praha-Vršovice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, individual schedules of working hours
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Tesco Stores ČR a. s.
ContactTesco Stores ČR a. s.